There are many misconceptions about influenza or “the flu”. Test your knowledge with the TRUE-FALSE questions below.
1. Influenza illness is usually characterized by fever, headache, fatigue, body aches and dry cough. True or False?
2. If you have had “the flu” once, you can get it again in the same season. True or False?
3. There is no treatment for influenza. True or False?
4. The flu shot is only for the very young and the very old. True or False?
5. The nasal flu spray gives better protection than the flu shot.
True or False?
6. There are strains of H1N1 in this years flu vaccine. True or False?
7. Protection after receiving a flus shot starts within 24 hours. True or False?
And the answers are… Continue reading